Why Hydrolysis Type is Important
Hydrolysis is the chemical breakdown of a compound due to a reaction. For natural fertilizers, there are two methods: Chemical Hydrolysis and Enzymatic Hydrolysis. While Chemical Hydrolysis is effective, it can be highly variable and produce undesirable "side effects" in the end product.
In contrast, APC Agro only uses highly consistent Enzymatic Hydrolysis in the manufacture of Pepton products. It is a totally controlled process under low temperatures that results in a pure product based on 100% protein building blocks and no residues of ammonia.
Benefits of Enzymatic Hydrolysis [Pepton]
- Proteins attacked by specific enzymes (proteases) under mild temperatures
- Totally controlled reaction
- High % of enzyme hydrolyzed protein building blocks, useful for the synthesis of proteins
- Complete protein
- Produces no residues of ammonia.
Vs Acid or Basic Chemical Hydrolysis [Others]
- Proteins attacked by chemicals under high temperatures
- Non-controlled reaction
- High % of unavailable protein building blocks, not available for the synthesis of proteins
- Produces residues of ammonia chloride or sulphate
- Phytotoxicity on plants in case of high temperatures