Why Hydrolysis Type is Important
Hydrolysis is the chemical breakdown of a compound due to a reaction. For biostimulants, there are two methods: Chemical Hydrolysis and Enzymatic Hydrolysis. While Chemical Hydrolysis is effective, it can be highly variable and produce undesirable "side effects" in the end product.
In contrast, APC Agro only uses highly consistent Enzymatic Hydrolysis in the manufacture of Pepton products. It is a totally controlled process under low temperatures that results in a pure product based on 100% of L-Amino Acids, balanced aminogram and no residues of ammonia.
Benefits of Enzymatic Hydrolysis [Pepton]
- Proteins attacked by specific enzymes (proteases) under mild temperatures
- Totally controlled reaction
- High % of L-Amino Acids, useful for the synthesis of proteins
- Balance Aminogram
- Produces no residues of ammonia.
Vs Acid or Basic Chemical Hydrolysis [Others]
- Proteins attacked by chemicals under high temperatures
- Non-controlled reaction
- High % of D-Amino Acids, not available for the synthesis of proteins
- High concentration of Glutamic Acids
- Produces residues of ammonia chloride or sulphate
- Phytotoxicity on plants in case of high temperatures